11 Things to Tell Yourself When You Feel Like Giving Up
We’ve all been there a time or two; things get so tough that giving up seems like the best option. In these moments, we can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, and doubt, fear, and sometimes even panic, start to creep in.
Failure is inevitable. The difference between success and defeat is the moment when you decide what to do after the disappointment.
If you dig deep, you can make it. Deep breaths help. So does heeding the word of the wise. So, next time you feel like throwing in the towel, pull out one (or all) of these great motivational sayings to get yourself back in the game:
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas Edison
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Arthur Ashe
- Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. Robert H. Schuller
- We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated. Maya Angelou
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th. Julie Andrews
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Either you run the day or the day runs you. Jim Rohn
- Expect problems and eat them for breakfast. Alfred A. Montapert
- Either I will find a way, or I will make one. Philip Sydney
- Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. Victor Klam